Tech-Enabled Traceability: Get Ready For FSMA 204 With GS1 Standards
Jun 15, 2023 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Time)
Join Industry Leaders to Discuss What’s Needed for Final Rule Compliance.
In late 2022, The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) finalized their traceability rule for producers of high-risk foods under Section 204 of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). As the industry needs to be compliant with this regulation by January 2026, it is important to know that GS1 standards can help play a pivotal role in helping organizations on their compliance journey.
Previously, FSMA only required “one up/one down” visibility of the product’s movement through the supply chain. Now, supply chain partners will have to keep more detailed records, such as the traceability lot code for each product to drive greater transparency. GS1 US Standards can help supply chain partners by establishing a common language for key product data to be captured, shared, retrieved, aggregated, and interpreted by all links in the supply chain.
In this session, attendees will learn how they can take action to deliver on heighted expectations for food safety and transparency. Those in attendance will also discover how GS1 Standards can be used to go above and beyond the new regulation, while also hearing first-hand from industry colleagues about their varying levels of standards adoption in their traceability journey.
• Hear directly about the ongoing challenges associated with food traceability and new opportunities that FSMA 204 presents to industry.
• Learn which GS1 Standards help companies identify products individually and at the case/carton level, capture information about them, and share data with multiple trading partners efficiently.
• Discover different ways the industry has gone about leveraging GS1 Standards to drive traceability, supply chain visibility, and ultimately meet the requirements of FSMA 204
- Ryan Peters, Presenter Chick-Fil-A
- Brando Tijerina, Presenter Taco Johns
- Stacie Sanders, Presenter ARCOP, INC
- Greg Cassens, Presenter Dot Foods
- Norma Crockett, Moderator Director, Community Engagement GS1 US